APC Game Finder
Select All Days
Game Type
Smoking Preference
Enter your location for distance

Congratulations Geoffrey Berrios! Out of the 382 players that qualified, 167 came to play! The APC $999 Grand Championship was held on Saturday, March 19, 2016 at the American Legion in Duluth.

To qualify for the Season Grand Championship you had to finish:

  • Top 50 in overall points for the season
  • Top 10 in any individual venue points race for the season

The final table:
10. Andrew Pendell
9. Fred Olsen
8. Patrick Pierce
7. Kay Boast
6. Arthur Park
5. Pete Buchas
4. Jonathan Clifton
3. Ron Harji
2. Shellyn Findlay

and the Grand Champion – GEOFFREY BERRIOS!

The prizes were $700 WSOP/WPT Package + Invite to Yearly Championship (priceless) + 6 Month V.I.P. Membership $99 + Rectangular APC Silver Coin

  • 2nd Place Wins $150 + APC Gear
  • 3rd Place Wins $50 + APC Gear
  • 4th – 10th Place Wins APC Gear



How long have you played with the APC?
I started playing with the APC during Season 33 in the Fall of 2014. Before I started playing regularly with the APC, I only played Texas Hold'em occasionally with friends 5 or 6 times a year.

How did it feel to win the Grand Championship?
I had mixed feelings after winning the Grand Championship because I won heads up against Shellyn who has become such a good friend since I met her and her husband Mark. My win came at her expense. While cards are in hand, they are the opponent, but I can't help to feel a little empathy once it's done. Please don't misinterpret my previous statements because I was definitely happy and proud to be the Grand Champion!

Do you have a favorite professional poker player?
Daniel Negreanu is by far my favorite poker player. He's not my favorite player just because he is a proven winner, it has more to do with the fact that I believe he embodies many of the same attributes and qualities I like to represent.

Have you played in WSOP and/or WPT events, and if so, what is your strategy that may differ from your play at the APC?
I have not yet played at any of the WSOP or WPT events, but I am going to give it my best at the upcoming WSOP Circuit Event next month in Cherokee.

What is your advice for new players?
New players should always approach the game with an open mind and ready to absorb all of the information each hand of poker provides. If unsure of something, don't be afraid to ask. One thing you will learn quickly is that poker players always have advice even if it hasn't been requested. The last piece of advice I can give every player is: Don't be rude and don't allow anyone at your table to be rude just because they didn't like the outcome of a particular hand. They would have had a completely different attitude if the outcome was reversed. Many people have already heard me say this, "Your cards, your chips, so you can play them however you want!"

What goals do you have left in the APC?
My goals in the APC are to continue to win because I love to WIN! I'd love to win another Grand Championship, win the Yearly Championship, win the Tournament of Champions and ultimately win the APC $10,000 Main Event because I want to have the opportunity to go and represent the APC!

What do you think of your APC experience as a whole?
My experience since joining the APC has been 99% positive. The other 1% has nothing to do with APC directly, because it only has to do with the rude players who think they are going to get somewhere by being rude. I feel honored to have met and made so many good friends while playing this great game we call poker. I can only say good things about the entire APC staff starting at the top with Jason and Erin and gets better when you include all of the very professional, respectful, friendly and dedicated TDs. Nothing but Kudos to all of you and thank you for making this a great experience.

Atlanta Poker Club Gear
Get Yours Today!