In addition to playing Texas Holdem, the Atlanta Poker Club offers Pot Limit Omaha. Also called “PLO”.
The rules and game play of PLO are the same as Texas Holdem with a few variations. (If you are not familiar with Texas Holdem then read that page first.)
- All players are dealt 4 hole cards face down
- Players must use 2 hole cards and 3 cards on the board to make their best 5 card hand
- Minimum bet is the amount of the big blind
- Maximum bet is the amount of the pot
- See the APC’s “How To Play Texas Holdem” for more specific game play and how to’s
Pot Limit Omaha Basics and Strategies
The most important aspect for new players to remember when playing Pot Limit Omaha is you have to use 2 cards from your hand. In Texas Holdem you can use only 1 card from your hand or just play the board. In PLO you must use 2 of your 4 hole cards.
Although you only use 2 cards, how all 4 of your cards ‘work together’ will determine your overall beginning hand strength.
Quality Outside PLO Strategy Resources